Menzies Case Study
Menzies, a significant accountancy firm, engaged with The Marketing Centre to help them redefine their brand and re-invigorate their market presence, helping them to be voted the National Accounting Firm of the Year in 2016.
- To re-position the firm in an increasingly competitive professional services market based on the findings of research undertaken into the competitive landscape, the clients' perceptions and needs in addition to the views of Partners and staff.
- To design and deliver a full re-brand and communications strategy in a challenging 6-month period.
- To communicate the new strategy throughout the firm and embed it in the culture, not as a passing phase.
- Ultimately gain additional turnover and increase market share.
- Develop a visual brand with clear differentiation from the competition.
- Create a sector based marketing strategy-62% of SME's in the UK stated they would prefer an accountant who specialised in their sector.
- Provide clients with a structure and service they want, not just what the industry dictates.
- Mentor the existing marketing team to upskill them and to recruit a full-time Marketing Director
- New brand positioning has been enthusiastically championed internally and externally.
- The ultimate accolade was being awarded the British Accountancy Awards, National Firm of the Year 2016.
- Autumn 2016: the firm's latest figures reveal that it hit £40 million for the first time, a 20% increase on the previous year.